THE BABADOOK BLU-RAY COMING SOON
“If it’s in a word, or it’s in a look, you can’t get rid of The Babadook.” This chilling refrain haunts those who hear it in the worldwide sleeper hit The Babadook, coming from Scream Factory in partnership with IFC Midnight to Blu-ray and DVD on April 14th, 2015.
Jennifer Kent makes a strong directorial debut with the Australian horror hit The Babadook. Working from her original script, Kent shares the tale of a young widow and her boy Sam, coping with the recent loss their family has suffered. When a mysterious book titled Mister Babadook appears on Sam's shelf, they are introduced to the legend of a creepy titular character that spooked film going audiences around the world! Instantly hailed as the movie to see in 2014, The Babadook took countless film festivals by storm and ended up on many critics' top 10 lists of the year. Having said that, it is best to try and avoid the hype and let the feature stand on its own.
Special Edition Blu-ray Bonus Features:
- Cast and Crew interviews and a look behind-the-scenes of the making of The Babadook.
- Creating The Book with illustrator Alex Juhasz
- A Tour of the House Set
- The Stunts: Jumping the stairs
- Special Effects: The Stabbing Scene
- Theatrical Trailers
- A Deluxe Edition featuring limited pop-up book packaging will also include deleted scenes and Jennifer Kent’s short film MONSTER
Want to share some news? Click here to hit us with it!