Latest Reviews

• NYCC 2016: Cody Andrew Sousa Interview

NYCC 2016: Cody Andrew Sousa Interview

James speaks to the writer behind Croak from Alterna Comics at Artists Alley during NYCC. Read More
  • Southern Cross: Volume 1

Southern Cross: Volume 1

Get ready for a heady trip through space with horrors creeping in all around you. Read More
  • The Dark #2

The Dark #2

A Scotsman meets a witch in the woods and it does not go well. Read More
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer

I Am Not a Serial Killer

Ren takes a look at Billy O'Brien's serial killer drama. Read More
  • The Unseen

The Unseen

A man tries to find his missing daughter while dealing with the fact he's becoming invisible. Read More
  • Spring: Sink or Swim

Spring: Sink or Swim

Aliens and spaceships are somehow involved in Night of the Living Dead.  Huh? Read More
  • Unto Death

Unto Death

A gothic horror short that weighs in at just seven minutes. Ryan Noble takes a look. Read More
  • The Atoll #1

The Atoll #1

The Most Dangerous Game meets Jaws?  I'm so in. Read More
  • The Empty Ones

The Empty Ones

A passionately funny and terrifying tour de force from one of the most original authors to take up a pen in recent years. Read More
  • Don’t Breathe

Don’t Breathe

While there's a questionable protagonist, Don't Breathe is more than enjoyable if you check your brain at the door. Read More

Latest News

• Cover Reveal for Kristin Dearborn's Whispers +

We have the exclusive cover reveal to Kristin Dearborn's latest work. Read More
  • You Can Now Watch The Search for Weng Weng +

The documentary is now available on DVD, VOD and Digital HD. Read More
  • Shudder Lands Another Exclusive With Therapy +

The streaming video service puts another film in its basket of exclusives. Read More
  • Divinity III Reaches into the Shadows +

Valiant Entertainment announces Shadowman & the Battle of New Stalingrad one-shot for February 2017. Read More

Home

Click image to enlarge.

MAIN SCREEN: THE BABADOOK

If you were ever creeped out as a child by certain books (I was. Dr Seuss's The Glunk That Got Thunk used to scare the bejeesus out of me to the point I couldn't look at the illustration) then Australian horror The Babadook looks set to strike a few chords when it screens on Frightfest's Main Screens on Saturday 23rd August at 18.30, 20.40 and 23.00. Written and directed by Jennifer Kent, The Babadook has terrified audiences since it premiered at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival. Following on from its premiere at Frightfest, Icon Film Distribution will release the film to UK and Ireland cinemas on the 24th October.

Synopsis:

Six years after the violent death of her husband, Amelia (Essie Davis) is at a loss. She struggles to discipline her 'out of control' 6 year-old, Samuel (Noah Wiseman), a son she finds impossible to love. Samuel's dreams are plagued by a sinister monster he believes is coming to kill them both.

When a disturbing storybook called 'The Babadook' turns up at their house, Samuel is convinced that the Babadook is the creature he's been dreaming about. His hallucinations spiral out of control and as he becomes more unpredictable and violent, Amelia is genuinely frightened by her son's behaviour.

But when Amelia begins to see glimpses of a sinister presence all around her, it slowly dawns on her that the thing Samuel has been warning her about may be real.

imageimageimageimage

Click images to enlarge.

Want to share some news? Click here to hit us with it!

About The Author
Daniel Benson
UK Editor / Webmaster
Fuelled mostly by coffee and a pathological desire to rid the world of bad grammar, Daniel has found his calling by picking holes in other people's work. In the rare instances he's not editing, he's usually breaking things in the site's back end.
Recent Articles

Popular Categories

Search

OBEY - CONSUME

cheap halloween costumes in dhgate stores

Contests