WIN A COPY OF JONATHAN MABERRY'S GLIMPSE
Jonathan Maberry's latest novel, Glimpse, is now available from St. Martin's Press, and in celebration of its release, we are giving away a hardback copy to one lucky HorrorTalk reader! To be eligible to win, simply fill out the form below and correctly answer the question. US residents only, please. No PO Boxes.
Rain Thomas is a mess. Seven years an addict and three difficult years clean. Racked by guilt for the baby she gave up for adoption when she was sixteen. Still grieving for the boy’s father who died in Iraq. Alone, discarded by her family, with only the damaged members of her narcotics anonymous meetings as friends. Them, and the voices in her head.
One morning, on the way to a much-needed job interview, she borrows reading glasses to review her resume. There is a small crack in one lens and through that damaged slice of glass she sees a young boy go running down the aisle of the subway train. Is he screaming with laughter or just screaming? When she tries to find the boy, he’s gone and no one has seen him.
The day spins out of control. Rain loses whole chunks of time. She has no idea where her days went. The voices she hears are telling her horrible things. And even stranger things are happening. Unsure whether she is going insane, Rain sets out to find answers to long buried questions about an earlier life she has avoided for years—in what may be the most dangerous collision of all, that between reality and nightmare.
How far will one person go to save someone they love?
Read on at your own peril...
1. One entry per household. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2. Entries accepted from USA residents only.
3. Entrants must be over 18.
4. No alternative prize is available.
5. Winners will be drawn from correct answers received by the closing date from eligible entrants.
6. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes. Where prizes are sent overseas, all fees (including, but not limited to, local customs fees, import taxes and excess delivery charges) are the sole responsibility of recipient. Neither HorrorTalk nor the contest sponsors will provide a secondary or replacement prize in the case where prize is held pending payment, or seized by a country's customs department.
7. Neither HorrorTalk nor the contest sponsors will be held responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen prizes.
8. Prizes may not be sold, transferred or otherwise disposed of without the express, written permission of HorrorTalk. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent ban from all future contests.
9. HorrorTalk reserves the right to refuse entry to known serial competition entrants, 'compers' and social media profiles that consist predominantly of contest entries. HorrorTalk will have ultimate and final say on who fits those criteria. The editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. HorrorTalk reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise beyond its control.
11. Contest closes April 22nd, 2018.