WIN NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD CRITERION COLLECTION ON BLU-RAY
The Criterion Collection releases George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead on 26th February and to celebrate the release we have three copies to give away.
Shot outside Pittsburgh on a shoestring budget by a band of filmmakers determined to make their mark, Night of the Living Dead, directed by horror master George A. Romero, is one of the great stories of independent cinema: a midnight hit turned box-office smash that became one of the most influential films of all time. A deceptively simple tale of a group of strangers trapped in a farmhouse who find themselves fending off a horde of recently dead, flesh-eating ghouls, Romero’s claustrophobic vision of a late-1960s America literally tearing itself apart rewrote the rules of the horror genre, combined gruesome gore with acute social commentary, and quietly broke ground by casting a black actor (Duane Jones) in its lead role. Stark, haunting, and more relevant than ever, Night of the Living Dead is back, in a new 4K restoration.
1968 | 96 MINUTES | BLACK AND WHITE | 1.37:1 | ENGLISH
DIRECTOR APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director George A. Romero, coscreenwriter John A. Russo, sound engineer Gary R. Streiner, and producer Russell W. Streiner
• New restoration of the monaural soundtrack, supervised by Romero and Gary R. Streiner, and presented uncompressed on the Blu-ray
• Night of Anubis, a never-before-presented work-print edit of the film
• New program featuring filmmakers Frank Darabont, Guillermo del Toro, and Robert Rodriguez
• Never-before-seen 16 mm dailies reel
• New piece featuring Russo about the commercial and industrial-film production company where key Night of the Living Dead filmmakers got their start
• Two audio commentaries from 1994, featuring Romero, Russo, producer Karl Hardman, actor
• Judith O’Dea, and more
• Archival interviews with Romero and actors Duane Jones and Judith Ridley
• New programs about the editing, the score, and directing ghouls
• New interviews with Gary R. Streiner and Russel W. Streiner
• Trailer, radio spots, and TV spots
• PLUS: An essay by critic Stuart Klawans
1. One entry per household. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2. Entries accepted from UK residents only.
3. Entrants must be over 18.
4. No alternative prize is available.
5. Winners will be drawn from correct answers received by the closing date from eligible entrants.
6. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes. Where prizes are sent overseas, all fees (including, but not limited to, local customs fees, import taxes and excess delivery charges) are the sole responsibility of recipient. Neither HorrorTalk nor the contest sponsors will provide a secondary or replacement prize in the case where prize is held pending payment, or seized by a country's customs department.
7. Neither HorrorTalk nor the contest sponsors will be held responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen prizes.
8. Prizes may not be sold, transferred or otherwise disposed of without the express, written permission of HorrorTalk. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent ban from all future contests.
9. HorrorTalk reserves the right to refuse entry to known serial competition entrants, 'compers' and social media profiles that consist predominantly of contest entries. HorrorTalk will have ultimate and final say on who fits those criteria. The editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. HorrorTalk reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise beyond its control.
11. Contest closes 14 March 2018.