WIN GEORGE A. ROMERO: BETWEEN NIGHT AND DAWN ON BLU-RAY
To celebrate the release of George A. Romero: Between Night and Dawn - out on Dual Format 23rd October - we are giving away the box set courtesy of Arrow Video.
Three films from the late, legendary horror director, George A. Romero, showing that although he might have defined zombie cinema, it didn’t define him. There’s Always Vanilla, Season of the Witch and The Crazies, made between Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, showcase the extraordinary versatility and dynamism of this irreplaceable American auteur.
The three films collected in this box set - two early Seventies ‘lost films’ and a classic plague panic thriller - show there’s more to the legendary director than simply gut-munching ghouls. The comedy romance There’s Always Vanilla, psychological thriller Season of the Witch, and infection horror The Crazies - all filmed in and around Pittsburgh - serve to display the broader thematic concerns and auteurist leanings of a skilled craftsman too often pigeonholed within the genre; that said, The Crazies is one of his strongest horror offerings, with memorable performances from Lynn Lowry and Richard Liberty.
1. One entry per household. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2. Entries accepted from UK residents only.
3. Entrants must be over 18.
4. No alternative prize is available.
5. Winners will be drawn from correct answers received by the closing date from eligible entrants.
6. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes. Where prizes are sent overseas, all fees (including, but not limited to, local customs fees, import taxes and excess delivery charges) are the sole responsibility of recipient. Neither HorrorTalk nor the contest sponsors will provide a secondary or replacement prize in the case where prize is held pending payment, or seized by a country's customs department.
7. Neither HorrorTalk nor the contest sponsors will be held responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen prizes.
8. Prizes may not be sold, transferred or otherwise disposed of without the express, written permission of HorrorTalk. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent ban from all future contests.
9. HorrorTalk reserves the right to refuse entry to known serial competition entrants, 'compers' and social media profiles that consist predominantly of contest entries. HorrorTalk will have ultimate and final say on who fits those criteria. The editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. HorrorTalk reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise beyond its control.
11. Contest closes 24 November 2017.