WIN A SIGNED COPY OF J-F. DUBEAU'S "A GOD IIN THE SHED"
When was the last time you were properly scared reading a book late into the night? Are you looking for a new ruthlessly terrifying story? J-F. Dubeau's dark horror novel, A God in the Shed, is a must-read this summer, and we happen to be giving away 10 SIGNED copies, courtesy of Inkshares!
Dark and ghastly, Dubeau's first foray into the world of horror offers a relentless ride in which the line between good and evil becomes a blurry, moving target. In his full review of the book, HorrorTalk's own Shane D. Keene writes, "Dubeau's ability to build a sense of mystery and suspense is equal to that of authors at the top of the horror food chain… When it comes to literary darkness, it doesn't get much darker than A God in the Shed, and it doesn't get much better, either. Wow, just fucking wow… If you add only one new author to your lexicon this year, J-F Dubeau is the one I'd recommend."
The early manuscript of A God in the Shed managed to attract a lot of attention late last year, which led to the sale of the TV rights to Skydance, with Academy Award winner Akiva Goldsman attached to produce.
A God in the Shed is the first part of a trilogy. Dubeau says, "It's the story of the individual residents of Saint-Ferdinand and the few outsiders who come into their lives. Living or dead, everyone plays a part in the grand ballet of events that bridges the past and the present."
Want your own signed copy? We have an amazing TEN to give away! To enter simply fill out the form below and correctly answer the question. US residents only, no PO boxes.
You can order your own copy of A God in the Shed now from your local independent bookstore, Indiebound, Inkshares, Barnes & Noble, or clickinig one of the links below.
The village of Saint-Ferdinand has all the trappings of a quiet life: farmhouses stretching from one main street, a small police precinct, a few diners and cafés, and a grocery store. Though if an out-of-towner stopped in, they would notice one unusual thing?a cemetery far too large and much too full for such a small town, lined with the victims of the Saint-Ferdinand Killer, who has eluded police for nearly two decades. It's not until after Inspector Stephen Crowley finally catches the killer that the town discovers even darker forces are at play.
When a dark spirit reveals itself to Venus McKenzie, one of Saint-Ferdinand's teenage residents, she learns that this creature's power has a long history with her town?and that the serial murders merely scratch the surface of a past burdened by evil secrets.
1. One entry per household. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2. Entries accepted from UK/USA/Worldwide residents only.
3. Entrants must be over 18.
4. No alternative prize is available.
5. Winners will be drawn from correct answers received by the closing date from eligible entrants.
6. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes. Where prizes are sent overseas, all fees (including, but not limited to, local customs fees, import taxes and excess delivery charges) are the sole responsibility of recipient. Neither HorrorTalk nor the contest sponsors will provide a secondary or replacement prize in the case where prize is held pending payment, or seized by a country's customs department.
7. Neither HorrorTalk nor the contest sponsors will be held responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen prizes.
8. Prizes may not be sold, transferred or otherwise disposed of without the express, written permission of HorrorTalk. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent ban from all future contests.
9. HorrorTalk reserves the right to refuse entry to known serial competition entrants, 'compers' and social media profiles that consist predominantly of contest entries. HorrorTalk will have ultimate and final say on who fits those criteria. The editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. HorrorTalk reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise beyond its control.
11. Contest closes July 30th, 2017.