Horror Films That Deserve More Attention

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays and TV.
BorisVincent
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried
Anti-Spam Question: No
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Horror Films That Deserve More Attention

Post by BorisVincent » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:10 am

Great films that you may or may not have seen… Pin-1988….Alone In The Dark-1982…American Gothic-1988….Fade To Black-1980…Don't Go To Sleep-1982…Bad Dreams-1988…Parents-1989…Phantom Of The Paradise-1974….Deathdream-1974…When A Stranger Calls Back-1993

Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Horror Films That Deserve More Attention

Post by Alien Redrum » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:59 pm

I've definitely dug the ones I've seen on that list. I need to see Pin. I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow HorrorTalk on Twitter.

Letterboxd - HorrorTalk.com 2018 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

The Beast
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by The Beast » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:21 am

Valentine (2001)
Personally I think it's an underrated slasher, by no means is it as good as slashers like Scream, Halloween etc. but I still think it's a good time for what it is.
Plus the Cupid mask scared me as a kid.

Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Alien Redrum » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Valentine is a good choice. I need to give that another look, but remembered really enjoying it first time around.

10 Cloverfield Lane doesn't get enough love IMO. I've watched that a few times and it gets better each time.

Last Shift needs all the love. Every time I recommend it, people have loved it, but you rarely hear about it. Love that film.
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow HorrorTalk on Twitter.

Letterboxd - HorrorTalk.com 2018 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Neon Maniac » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:56 am

I haven't seen Valentine since it came out, and it wasn't bad. Too bad that it never get shown anywhere anymore.

The Beast
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by The Beast » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:02 pm

"I haven't seen Valentine since it came out, and it wasn't bad. Too bad that it never get shown anywhere anymore."
I have it on dvd so finding it isn't too much of a hassle, plus it's one of the few movies where I can actually root for the killer, sure killing those girls may have been taking things a bit too far but what they did to him, the damage they did to him mentally...I can see why he would snap like that.
"10 Cloverfield Lane doesn't get enough love IMO. I've watched that a few times and it gets better each time."
I enjoyed it for what it was, but since it was set in the cloverfield Universe I kind of expected the outside world to have a legit threat, if it wasn't called that I might have bought into the whole
'is this guy telling the truth?' dilemma.
"Last Shift needs all the love. Every time I recommend it, people have loved it, but you rarely hear about it. Love that film."
Ah yes I've only seen it once but I remember enjoying it and didn't quite understand the hate it got at the time. Plus hospitals have always creeped me out, can thank Halloween II (1981) for that.