Fear of the Walking Dead

Anything else; music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Fear of the Walking Dead

Post by Neon Maniac » Fri May 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Anyone watch this? I watch it on Hulu. I find it leaps and bounds beyond the shitfest that is The Walking Dead. This show actually has balls, good acting, and awesome stories/ideas. It's not just a bunch of southern pig fuckers sitting around a prison/town/farm jerking themselves off while crying about zombies.

But James Legros just popped up and of course he's white trash and wears a trucker cap. He's got two characters in his tool kit, and I really wish he'd shown up as sensitive pony tail man. He could've told everyone it was okay to loathe the zombies.

AR I know you hate TWD, but have you seen this show?

Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.

Re: Fear of the Walking Dead

Post by Alien Redrum » Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 pm

No, I'm done with zombies. I just can't bring myself to watch them.
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow HorrorTalk on Twitter.

The never-updated blog.

Letterboxd - HorrorTalk.com 2017 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Fear of the Walking Dead

Post by Neon Maniac » Sat May 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Alien Redrum wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 pm
No, I'm done with zombies. I just can't bring myself to watch them.
Yeah, I know. This isn't like TWD though. It's not zombie driven, it really could be any kind of teotwawki type event. It's also kind of the Dora the Explorer version of TWD too.

Especially during the first season, it's all handled like a disease outbreak. It starts before shit happens and focuses more on these families on a street in SoCal trying to figure out wtf is really happening and dealing with their part of it as things start to slowly fall apart around them. I think you'd like it if you watched it. It's much more adventure/exploration oriented and is character driven. It's got a fucking awesome cast too. This is not southern hillbilles crying about coral and fighting the same bad man over and over again.