Written by Daniel Benson
Published on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 14:28
SECOND SIGHT FILMS ANNOUNCES NEW 4K TRANSFER FOR RE-ANIMATOR
After the disappointing news that Second Sight Films had to shelve its 4K release of Brian Yuzna's Society indefinitely, horror fans have something of a consolation in the shape of a brand new 2-disc Blu-ray steelbook release of Stuart Gordon's Re-Animator. Read on for the official info...
It gave eighties horror a gore-filled boot up the backside, proudly challenging others to match its level of blood and guts, and now Re-Animator is being brought back to life, this time in a stunning high definition Blu-ray thanks to Second Sight Films.
And as if that wasn't enough, this outrageous, game-changing horror directed by Stuart Gordon (From Beyond) and produced by Brian Yuzna (Society), comes complete with buckets of additional features and a stunning Steelbook edition. There's more gore than ever too - the double-disc Blu-ray contains not one but two versions of the gorefest that is Re-Animator, extended AND deleted scenes, as well as commentaries, a documentary, interviews and more...
Re-Animator will be released as a limited edition two-disc Blu-ray Steelbook and a two-disc DVD version on 2nd June 2014, it will also be available to download on 19th May and via video on demand on 26th May.
Brilliant, if somewhat deranged, medical student Herbert West arrives at Miskatonic Medical School and immediately sneers at his professor's outdated views on death. West has his own outlandish theories and has concocted a serum that will bring the dead back to life. Roping in fellow student Dan Cain their shocking experiments work all too well with horrific and very messy results.
- The 'Unrated' Version – brand new 4K restoration
- The 'Integral' Version (exclusive to Blu-ray)
- Audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon
- Audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna and actor Jeffrey Combs, Robert Sampson, Barbara Crampton and Bruce Abbott
- Re-Animator Resurrectus documentary
- Interviews wih Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna, writer Dennis Paoli, composer Richard Band and Fangoria editor Tony Timpone
- Extended scenes, deleted scenes and trailers
Want to share some news? Click here to hit us with it!