Latest Reviews

• 6 Plots

6 Plots

Some horror films should stay buried. Read More
  • Ghost Stories of an Antiquary

Ghost Stories of an Antiquary

If you're looking for dusty, boring, British ghost stories, you've come to the right place. Read More
  • NYCC 2016: Matt Hawkins Interview

NYCC 2016: Matt Hawkins Interview

James speaks with the President / COO of Top Cow Productions at his table in Artists Alley during New York Comic Con. Read More
  • Beyond the Walls

Beyond the Walls

Creepy and romantic; well, it is French.  Read More
  • The Neon Demon

The Neon Demon

Little substance, mostly style, but still worth the watch. Read More
  • Donald of the Dead

Donald of the Dead

Donald Trump leads an army of zombies from the Republican National Convention. Believe it or not, this is fictional. Read More
  • The Greasy Strangler

The Greasy Strangler

Oh yes, there will be grease. And strangling. Read More
  • My Five Most Terrifying Werewolves

My Five Most Terrifying Werewolves

Werewolf Run writer / artist Daniel Leister shares his scariest lycanthropes. Read More
  • Romulus #1

Romulus #1

Buffy meets the Illuminati in this amazing debut issue. Read More
  • What to Watch on Amazon Prime this Halloween

What to Watch on Amazon Prime this Halloween

Halloween is just two weeks away, so what are YOU going to watch on Amazon Prime? Read More

Latest News

• NYCC 2016: Angel Travels Back in Time +

Dark Horse Comics announces Angel: Season 11 debuting in January 2017. Read More
  • Oni Press Announces The Damned Ongoing Series +

New series from Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt launches in March with a trade paperback. Read More
  • The Mummy #1 Preview +

Titan Comics has released a peek at interior art and variant covers for the first Hammer Horror comic. Read More
  • Exclusive Clip from The Rezort +

Jurassic Park meets The Walking Dead on digital platforms now. Read More

Click image to enlarge.

Of the films with an emphasis on 'fantastic' at this year's Frightfest, Milan Todorovic's Nymph must rank among the most unusual. The Serbian Zone of the Dead director has drawn on Greek mythology to create a film that sounds as unlikely as it is incredible. Going under one of three titles, Mamula (original), aka Nymph (current), aka Killer Mermaid (US release) is the story of a group of holiday-makers that stray into an abandoned military base on a remote island, only to meet a foe that you wouldn't normally associate with horror movies (the clue is in the US title).

Milan Todorovic, speaking of the film's selection for Frightfest, told us: "My little movie coming to Frightfest! Awesome!! I am a little bit scared of presenting the film at such an important genre festival, where the audience is used to top international standards and the high quality of the selection. I was so nervous when I sent the screener.

My great wish was to be at Frightfest, so the moment I had the final movie ready I sent it for consideration. I think they saw it even before our sales agents. I was totally on edge and I didn't expect a quick answer. Two hours later I got a reply that the movie was in selection! I was over the moon!

I hope the audience will like it. It is a movie from fans to fans of genre cinema. Beautiful locations, pretty women, macho guys, killer with an anchor, blood, gore, suspense... and in center of it all - legendary Franco Nero vs beautiful killer mermaid! Wait - now I want to watch it again!"

One thing is for sure, Nymph is going to be one to look out for at this year's festival. You can catch it across the Main Screens on Monday 25th August at 11.00, 13.30 and 15.30. Official synopsis and trailer below:

Kelly and Lucy are two young Americans on a break in Montenegro to meet up with their old college friend Alex. Joined by his fiancée Yasmin and pal Boban, they decide against all advice to visit an abandoned military fortress and one-time Nazi concentration camp on the remote island of Mamula. But what they discover there goes beyond all frightening insanity. For it's the home of a Siren, a mermaid creature of Greek myth, lying in wait to lure men to their death with her enchanting beauty, entrancing song and razor-sharp teeth. And there is also someone else on this island of terror, someone who will stop at nothing to protect its dark bloody secrets. Featuring Franco Nero, the original Italian DJANGO, as Niko, a fisherman with a haunted past and HALLOWEEN and PROXY star Kristine Klebe, this is a Serbian film from celebrated ZONE OF THE DEAD director Milan Todorovic.

Click images to enlarge.

Want to share some news? Click here to hit us with it!

About The Author
Daniel Benson
UK Editor / Webmaster
Fuelled mostly by coffee and a pathological desire to rid the world of bad grammar, Daniel has found his calling by picking holes in other people's work. In the rare instances he's not editing, he's usually breaking things in the site's back end.
Recent Articles

Popular Categories

cheap halloween costumes in dhgate stores