Sunday, 26 October 2014 09:27

Home

Frightfest 2014 - Films in Focus #9

Click image to enlarge.

MAIN SCREEN: HOUSEBOUND

I'll freely admit, this film has flown completely under my radar thus far, but after having a look at the publicity materials I'm completely sold and highly anticipating the film that none other than Peter Jackson himself called "Bloody brilliant". OK, so he may be more recently famous for bringing Tolkien books to the screen, but the man has a pedigree in independent horror movies from his early years. Housebound will play the Main Screens on Friday 22nd August in the late slot. It sits alongside another New Zealand horror, the self-referential I Survived a Zombie Holocaust, which is showing the following day.

Synopsis:

Kylie Bucknell is forced to return to the house she grew up in when the court places her on home detention. Her punishment is made all the more unbearable by the fact she has to live there with her mother Miriam – a well-intentioned blabbermouth who's convinced that the house is haunted. Kylie dismisses Miriam's superstitions as nothing more than a distraction from a life occupied by boiled vegetables & small-town gossip. However, when she too becomes privy to unsettling whispers & strange bumps in the night, she begins to wonder whether she's inherited her overactive imagination, or if the house is in fact possessed by a hostile spirit who's not particularly thrilled about her return.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Click images to enlarge.

Shop for Horror at Amazon US or Amazon UK!

Want to share some news? Click here to hit us with it!

Meanwhile on the internet:

Popular Categories

Search

All content © 2002-Present. No reproduction permitted without expressed permission from HorrorTalk.com.