What are you reading?

Books, comics etc. anything that's on a page and not moving.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Re: What are you reading?

Postby Neon Maniac » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:40 am

Alien Redrum wrote:

I think that Bush definitely used it to his advantage, but I truly disbelieve that it was intentionally done. The sheer amount of people that would have had to be involved would be staggering. It would have come out by now.

?

People did it, it was planned, and presumably the amount of Al Qaeda involved in it were less than a dozen. Nobody has come out and talked about it, anywhere in the world.

There's absolutely no reason why 12 people in some US govt agency couldn't have pulled this off, especially if the person planning it ends up having the remaining members killed at the end.

Again, I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with whatever happened, but I am disagreeing with that reasoning. If it was an actual Al Qaeda terrorist plot, that really proves that a handful of people could do it without anyone talking about it later; which destroys the point of if it was a plot then lots of people would be involved and someone would've talked.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Neon Maniac » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:40 am

demented hellbilly wrote:the mammoth book of best of best new horror

Those are pretty good.
Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.

Postby Alien Redrum » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:16 am

Neon Maniac wrote:
Alien Redrum wrote:

I think that Bush definitely used it to his advantage, but I truly disbelieve that it was intentionally done. The sheer amount of people that would have had to be involved would be staggering. It would have come out by now.

?

People did it, it was planned, and presumably the amount of Al Qaeda involved in it were less than a dozen. Nobody has come out and talked about it, anywhere in the world.

There's absolutely no reason why 12 people in some US govt agency couldn't have pulled this off, especially if the person planning it ends up having the remaining members killed at the end.

Again, I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with whatever happened, but I am disagreeing with that reasoning. If it was an actual Al Qaeda terrorist plot, that really proves that a handful of people could do it without anyone talking about it later; which destroys the point of if it was a plot then lots of people would be involved and someone would've talked.

No, I mean Jesse claims the towers were brought down internally. As well as the planes being shot down, etc. It's Occam's razor. Al Qaeda did it. This wasn't some vast government conspiracy.
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow HorrorTalk on Twitter.

The never-updated blog.

Letterboxd - HorrorTalk.com 2015 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Postby Neon Maniac » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:32 am

I see what you're saying. I don't know what his take on it is, I didn't really look at that part.
demented hellbilly
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried

Postby demented hellbilly » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:19 am

Alien Redrum wrote:Nice. Those are generally pretty good anyway.

yeah they are good for discovering new authors.Iv found Tim lebbon and Mark Samuels favs so far out of the authors that are new to me.
Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.

Postby Alien Redrum » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:31 am

Neon Maniac wrote:I see what you're saying. I don't know what his take on it is, I didn't really look at that part.

I didn't get to that part yet, but I've heard him talk about it in interviews. He claims that people brought in explosives to the towers before the planes hit and set it all up. He also claims that no phone calls were made from the PA. plane because it was impossible and all kinds of other things.

Now, did Bush (or, rather, Cheney) do some shady shit the moment it happened to use it to his advantage? It wouldn't surprise me. I think the actual attack was Al Queda, but there is a lot of shady stuff afterwards.

demented hellbilly wrote:
Alien Redrum wrote:Nice. Those are generally pretty good anyway.

yeah they are good for discovering new authors.Iv found Tim lebbon and Mark Samuels favs so far out of the authors that are new to me.

Definitely. Even though I bought a few of them on the clearance racks at Barnes and Noble, they are nicely edited books with some great thought on who gets in them.
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow HorrorTalk on Twitter.

The never-updated blog.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Postby Neon Maniac » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:12 am

Alien Redrum wrote:
Definitely. Even though I bought a few of them on the clearance racks at Barnes and Noble, they are nicely edited books with some great thought on who gets in them.

I think you're thinking of this series: http://www.amazon.com/Mammoth-Book-Vamp ... 209&sr=1-1

If you like the Mammoth series DH, check out these other anthologies:

The Living Dead, The Living Dead II and Wastelands, all edited by John Joseph Adams

They're a really good sampling of old and new authors, many I'd heard of but never read until their story popped up there.
Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.

Postby Alien Redrum » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:42 am

Neon Maniac wrote:
Alien Redrum wrote:

I think you're thinking of this series: http://www.amazon.com/Mammoth-Book-Vamp ... 209&sr=1-1

If you like the Mammoth series DH, check out these other anthologies:

The Living Dead, The Living Dead II and Wastelands, all edited by John Joseph Adams

They're a really good sampling of old and new authors, many I'd heard of but never read until their story popped up there.

The Living Dead ones are really good, too. What is the Wastelands? Is that stories about the apocalypse?

The never-updated blog.

Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.

Postby Alien Redrum » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:43 am

Oh, and I hate you.

The never-updated blog.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Postby Neon Maniac » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:56 am

Alien Redrum wrote: What is the Wastelands? Is that stories about the apocalypse?

Yes. They're pretty dang good. Same book style and everything as The Living Dead ones. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a second one of those coming out or already out. You'd like it. Check it out.

Alien Redrum wrote:Oh, and I hate you.

No you don't.
Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.

Postby Alien Redrum » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:50 am

Seed. Saw this on a few top tens of 2011 and picked it up when it was free on Amazon. Really digging it so far.

Devil's Hand. I'm reading this one for review. I'm liking it so far, and I'm curious where it's going to take me. It has this structure where it's telling a few different stories at once, but it's obvious that they are all tied together somehow.

The never-updated blog.

Sham
Ex-Closet Monkey
Ex-Closet Monkey

Postby Sham » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:27 am

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted in this thread.

Finally got a Nook Color and broke it in with Shit My Dad Says by Justin Halpern. Really funny. Laughed out loud a few times reading it, especially at this quip:

ON MY BLOODY NOSE
What happened? Did somebody punch you in the face?!... The what? The air is dry? Do me a favor and tell people you got punched in the face.

:lol:
THEY AREN'T TOYS THEY ARE COLLECTABLE ACTION FIGURES. -- Alien Redrum

they lose their value when you take them in the bathtub -- TGM
Dengar
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried

Postby Dengar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 pm

I was at a comic con this past weekend with my son and over heard some teens talking about "Emotobooks" I asked them about it and they said it's some sort of new medium of fiction for this era. This peeked my interest so I did some research and found their main website on Google. Saw they had a Horror title called "Surburbians" so I picked it up. I enjoy new things and wanted to see what it was all about. Honestly, I was impressed over all. Writing was good, the abstract art was beautiful. Gonna keep an eye on their site and see whats up.

:sissy:
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Postby Neon Maniac » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:25 am

Dengar wrote:I was at a comic con this past weekend with my son and over heard some teens talking about "Emotobooks" I asked them about it and they said it's some sort of new medium of fiction for this era. This peeked my interest so I did some research and found their main website on Google. Saw they had a Horror title called "Surburbians" so I picked it up. I enjoy new things and wanted to see what it was all about. Honestly, I was impressed over all. Writing was good, the abstract art was beautiful. Gonna keep an eye on their site and see whats up.

:sissy:

Hi, welcome to the forum. What comic con were you at? I'm surprised that you never heard of an emotobook before. Not because they're famous, or you should've heard of them or anything, but judging that your IP address comes out of PA very near to Grit City Publication's IP address, which apparently is who publishes emotobooks.

Maybe you really did hear about them at a comic con and had never heard of them before, I don't know. But, say you were a shill for Grit City (or someone else) you'll get a lot more mileage if you came on here, said who you were, what your product was and what was awesome about it. Trust me, we'd probably ask questions. Someone would probably ask for a couple to review, and our reviews get read a lot. You'd probably end up selling more.
Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.

Postby Alien Redrum » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:12 am

:lol: :mffacts: :lol:

The never-updated blog.

Return to “Literature”